[Lazarus] Audible alerts

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 12:28:49 CET 2009

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:49:10 +0100
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:
>
> >> What's the base class for an layout manager?
> >
> > There is none specific. I would suggest trying TCustomControl if you
> > also want to draw borders or TControl if you just want to position
> > childs.
>
> That doesn't answer the question, how to marry controls and layout
> manager. How will the form designer interact with the layout
> manager...

At the moment this is completely in the LCL. Controls can override
various methods to alter that behavior and applications can set events.
For example you can create a component that sets all
OnResize/OnChangeBounds events.
There is no global or form based possibility to override.
You are welcome to make a proposal.

Mattias