[Lazarus] Few features for Lazarus editor

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 00:32:37 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> ik schrieb:
>
>> There are few features that I would like to see in the Lazarus editor:
>>
>> 1. Multiple spliting (and close the split) the editor to horizontal
>> and vertical views
>
> Better: multiple edit windows, as Delphi has.

That can work, the thing is, that I really hate jamping using
bookmarks, and I like to see things in front of me to work better.
Duplicate tabs like with Delphi does not solve it, however it can be
done, if you are capable in doing what the split does (update all fo
the editors with the same content of the file). I tried to do it a
while back, but I wasn't able to achive what I wanted to do.

>> 2. VIM keyboard support
>> 3. Ability to have a way to fold code by using comments with special
>> chars (like (* {{{ *) (* }}} ) that VIM allows)
>
> When shall such comments be evaluated?

On the wiki page, I've placed a better way (chars) to do it.

>> 4. Multi linguistal spell checkers for strings and comments
>
> Only on demand.

You can install/activate it on demand if you wish, but such a feature
can be helpful imho.

>> 5. Color code with errors with special underline or some color that
>> the user can select that will help to locate where the problem is.
>
> Only if it doesn't slow down the editor.

CodeTools already does this, I mean, evaluate the code, but it
requires to communicate with the editor to paint such data properly.

>> 6. Ability to keep the string mark (that added to 0.9.27) as permanent
>> with a toggle of a menu item/key/toolbar
>> 7. Inline help for a command/reserve word that the mouse
>> cursor/keyboard caret are under that word (not instead of the
>> tooltip).
>
> What?

On 0.9.27, if you activate a new feature, and you stand on a string,
it marks all of the matching strings in the same file. It can be very
helpful if I could fixate such string when I'm looking at the code and
moving to see where the string in my context appears without the need
to use search.