[Lazarus] Not sure if the Laz Devs have seen this...

Dave Coventry dgcoventry at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 11:15:16 CET 2009

Lee Jenkins wrote:
> I'm playing around with the fpWeb stuff and it looks really good.  I may use it
> for some work on my company's website but I wanted to make sure that I could use
>   either cgi or apache dso.
>
> Are there any examples for apache shared modules or is it pretty much the same
> as the CGI?  I see they both share the same ancestor datamodule descendant.
>
> Are there any tutorials for setting up the apache mod version?  I plan to most
> of the coding with the cgi but again, want to make sure that the apache module
> version would work as well.

I've been tickering a bit and I need to ask if anyone is using the apache module
version of fpWeb?  I've tried for about an hour and half to get apache2 to run
with a sample module to no avail.

Library mod_test;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

Uses
   fpWeb,lazweb,httpd,fpApache, web1;

Const

{ The following constant is used to export the module record. It must
   always match the name in the LoadModule statement in the apache
   configuration file(s). It is case sensitive !}
   ModuleName='test';

{ The following constant is used to determine whether the module will
   handle a request. It should match the name in the SetHandler statement
   in the apache configuration file(s). It is not case sensitive. }

   HandlerName=ModuleName;

Var
   DefaultModule : module;

{$ifdef unix} public name ModuleName;{$endif unix}
{$ifdef windows}
Exports defaultmodule name ModuleName;
{$endif windows}

{$IFDEF WINDOWS}{$R mod_test.rc}{$ENDIF}

begin
   Application.ModuleName:=ModuleName;
   Application.HandlerName:=HandlerName;
   Application.SetModuleRecord(DefaultModule);
   Application.Initialize;
end.

My Apache2 httpd.conf:

LoadModule test modules/mod_test.so
<Location /test>
   SetHandler test-handler
</Location>

When trying to start apache, I get:
"Syntax error on line 136 of C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_test.so into
server: The specified module could not be found."

The mod_test.so executable is definitely in the /modules directory of the Apache
installation.  Has anyone had this working or can provide a hint or two?

I'm on Lazarus 927 on Vista.

I'm a little frustrated at this point so I'm going to go for a walk... :)

Thanks,

--
Warm Regards,

Lee