[Lazarus] Linux

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 15:25:40 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

>> Probably yes, but combined with the fact that those teams seem to be more
>> interested in developing yet another new internal architecture every two
>> years rather than optimize the current one.
>

> That is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Optimization is
> going out the window, so bloat sets in.

With regards to the GUI and machines, games have been the driving force
for new developments. Perhaps a distinction should be made between
desktops for work, with no superfluous features and gadgets, and
desktops for the end user, who has to explain the need for a new machine
every year to his wife ;-)

DoDi