[Lazarus] Testers needed before the Lazaus 0.9.26.2 release

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Fri Jan 23 11:48:57 CET 2009

2009/1/23 Reenen Laurie <rlaurie at gmail.com>:
> I run linux on a PC with an on-board intel graphics adapter, about 3y old.
> When I enable some of the "bloat" it is actually more responsive than some
> of the things that are supposed to be the "standard" stuff...

My work PC is around 5 years old and has a integrated ATI graphics
chip using shared memory. Compiz runs very nicely, other that a total
system freeze after about 5-10 minutes. Very annoying, so I don't use
Compiz anymore.

> But doing some more basic stuff... I dunno, like scrolling in firefox on a
> window with some flash, javascript etc. is slow and sluggish.

Oh yes! This one drives me nuts!  I don't know what causes it, but
yes, Firefox is sometimes dog slow when scrolling pages. Yet while
using Windows for the odd occasion, I haven't noticed this under
Windows.

> So some things are very responsive, and other things are not so. :-/

I have the same experience.  Then after a while I get frustrated and
switch my Window Manager to FVWM2 and run that for a week or so!
FVWM2 is always lightning fast and starts up in around 1-2 seconds on
my P4 2.4Ghz pc.

Regards,
  - Graeme -