[Lazarus] Docking manager implementation

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jan 24 12:40:51 CET 2009

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
> <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I then downloaded the swingdemoapp.jar file and ran it via the command line.
> >
> > I got a swingdemoapp.jnlp, and a swtdemoappbase.jar.
>
> Here is a direct link to the .jar file.
>
> http://www.miglayout.com/swingdemoapp.jar
>
> I just tried this on a different machine. Downloaded the latest .jar
> file as show above and launched the demo using:
>    java -jar swingdemoapp.jar

I played around with this demo; Looked at the code.

What's the big fuss all about ?

The same things you see there can be easily done in Lazarus ?
Whether I write - rather obscure - layouting code for the start as
displayed there, or I write a 'OnResize' event handler and do some
minor adjustments myself (the improved anchoring of lazarus gets
you a long way), the fact remains that I must take care of
the layouting by writing code manually ?

If you had a nice property editor, maybe then it would be better.
Even so, creating a usable property editor for such a complicated
matter is not going to be easy, I think.

Michael.