[Lazarus] Font sizes on various platforms

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Tue Jul 7 15:51:00 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Even single platform it is a mess if you work e.g. in team. My
> windows DPI is different from the one from my collega, and when I
> open his files or vice versa, the .dfm files of delphi are all messed
> up.

I can't remember if it was Lazarus, Delphi or Kylix (CLX) that added the
dpi value inside the Form File, but from what I remember in Kylix &
Delphi (CLX apps), we experienced that mess as well - design time and
runtime.

> What will happen at the client, is even more of a mystery...

I'll rather not mention that to my boss. :-)

 > This has been plagueing us since day 1.

Crap, so I gather Lazarus LCL doesn't have an answer either. :-(  Thanks
anyway...

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/