[Lazarus] [OT] Code-Template issue - duplicating text

Reenen Laurie rlaurie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:40:15 CEST 2009

Way off-topic here:

I have no idea what your problem is... but my firefox (3.5) favicon
(the small icon that shows next to the addressbar and in tab)... had a
minute version (16x16)  of the animated gif... animating. You can
really only see the cursor...

I think that is SO cool... why don't people use animated gif's for
favicon's more often?  How about an animated Lazarus Icon?  I can see
a paw indentation being created as an icon... Although we have the
gear one at the moment... maybe it's eyes flashes?

Anyway, maybe I'm just being hyper.

Regards,
-Reenen

2009/7/9 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net>:
> Hi
>
> I created a while back a code template to fix the case of the word Result.
> eg:  result  -->  Result
>
> [  Yes, I'm full of sh*t  ]
>
> Anyway, here is the code template as Lazarus wrote it in the .dci file.
>
> =========[ lazarus.dci ]============
> [result | Fix case - Result]
> $(AttributesStart)
> AutoOnWordEnd=true
> $(AttributesEnd)
> Result
> ============================
>

> Now look at the animated gif (attached). You might have to view it in your
> Web Browser to see the animation and to get the full effect of the issue.
>
>  writeln('[DEBUG]Result = ' + Result)
>                  ^
>           cursor is here
>
> As soon as I press the spacebar while the cursor is between the ']' and the
> 'R' characters, then Lazarus duplicates the word "Result".  Is this a code
> templates bug, or did I define my code-template incorrectly? And every time
> I press the spacebar, another duplicate occurs.... Weird one!
>
> Lazarus 0.9.27 rUnknown FPC 2.2.5 i386-linux-gtk 2 (beta)
> Lazarus revision is around 2009-06-12 in trunk.
>

> Regards,
>  - Graeme -
>
> --
> fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
> http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/
>

> --

o__
,_.>/ _