[Lazarus] Code-Template issue

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Fri Jul 10 10:26:34 CEST 2009

Martin Friebe wrote:

> But this currently also works, if you press space anywhere within the
> word => imho this is wrong => space/return, should only work, if you are
> at the end of the template identifier

That's correct, and exactly my point. :-) We agree on the behaviour.

Just to reiterate my problem. Have code as show below:

    writeln('[DEBUG]|Result = ' + Result)
                    ^
             cursor is here the '|' sign.

In my case the word 'Result' was already spelt correctly, exactly as
shown above. I simply wanted to place a space between '..BUG]' and
'Result', but when I pressed the spacebar, code-completion got triggered
(and it shouldn't have) [problem #1]. And when it got triggered, it
duplicated the token which it shouldn't have [problem #2].

So yes I fully agree with you, the code-completion via automatic
triggers (ending the token with a space or Enter) should ONLY occur when
you have completely written the token and only trigger AFTER the token.
Not inside or in-front of the token - like what happened to me.

I'll create a bug report for this (as I described it above):
"Code-completion for automatic triggers should only occur after the token"

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/