[Lazarus] startlazarus: EAccessViolation : Access violation

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Sat Jul 25 13:51:12 CEST 2009

zeljko wrote:

> I'm using pgsql for at least 10 yrs, some of our clients have really
> big databases - never run into problem with it.

It seems PostgreSQL scales very well. Currently the largest database in
the world is by Yahoo and run on PostgreSQL topping out at 2 Petabyte in
size and that processes 24 billion events a day.

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/oracle-guide/worlds-largest-database-runs-on-postgres-24979

 From the PostgreSQL mailing list, it seems 300GB–1TB database are
pretty normal as well. So our clients should be pretty happy with there
300–600 Megabyte databases. ;-)

Thanks to all that replied.

Regards,
   - Graeme -