[Lazarus] startlazarus: EAccessViolation : Access violation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Sun Jul 26 10:30:59 CEST 2009

Tom Gregorovic wrote:
> Please, do not forget to mention the OS and widget. It could be very
> helpful...

Lazarus can do all this for you. Select "Help > About Lazarus", then right click on the form and you will see a popup menu with a single option "Copy version information to clipboard". The clipboard now contains everything you need to report.

example:
 Lazarus 0.9.27 rUnknown FPC 2.2.5 i386-linux-gtk 2 (beta)

Mine shows the revision as "rUnknown" because I am using the Git mirror repository. I already found a way to extract the correct SVN revision, but haven't implement it yet.

Regards,
 - Graeme -