[Lazarus] The default Lazarus profile directory location

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:57:07 CEST 2009

2009/6/4 Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl>:

> When I am talking about snapshots, they are binary installers not for  a
> released version.

I know, that is what I was referring to. Currently there are binary
snapshots available (I don't know who creates them). I just thought it
a waist of time to create even more binary snapshots which contain the
"profile directory moved" patches. Why not simply give them the patch
files and say: apply these in order and then recompile lazarus.

Much less effort and much smaller to download.

> I thought Git contains only the sources, not the compiled
> installers (Mac OS X two cpu, linux two cpus, win32 and win64).
>
> How can using Git avoid that trouble?

I don't think I understand?  The Git repository only contains source
code (just like SubVersion).

Regards,
  - Graeme -