[Lazarus] jQuery interface for fcl-web

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue Jun 9 14:41:36 CEST 2009

Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw a lot of talking about developing for the web on the forum lately,
> but no new code. But as I read the last messages ok, there are some
> people working on this.
>
> Extpascal is nice, but Ext JS is dual-licensed, which is a problem for
> some people. And it's fcgi-only. (I saw something about a cgi-connection
> or something?)
>
> And it's not that hard, in fact it's easy. The difficult part is to
> write an javascript-framework, but when it's already there.. building an
> interface is easily done. Especially if the fcl-web is used as the basic
> building blocks. Then apache-modules, cgi and fastcgi are supported
> out-of-the-box.

Interesting.  I started something like this with ProtoType framework which
seemed to be very nice.  Unfortunately, other matters intervened and I haven't
gotten far.

Although I wouldn't classify ProtoType as a framework like ExtJS, it's a great
and useful abstraction of the DOM I think.  My idea was the same and ProtoType
seemed to have a particularly nice abstraction of event mechanism in JavaScript
DOM (called eventObserver? I think...) which looked like it would lend itself
very nicely to creating an event framework between the javascript client side
and FPC/Delphi based server applications why I could create a EventListener
Server Side and hooked it into a web page widget for the click event of a button
or the OnChange of a text box using AJAX and ProtoType's abstraction for it.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee