[Lazarus] IDEDialogLayoutList.ApplyLayout() is flawed

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Wed Jun 10 21:46:33 CEST 2009

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> The same for the debugger window. Even if I move it to the bottom right
> of the screen, it comes up every now and then (without obvious reasons),

The problem with the "File Browser" window has now been solved and the fix is in the latest trunk revision. It only took about 5 lines of code. I simply wrote the top & left positions to one of the .xml files and read it back when the dialog is shown again.

It works fine but is not ideal, because size is handled one way, and the positioning is done in another.

I still do not understand why the IDEDialogLayoutList cannot handle both. Like I told Mattias, I store size and position in all my own applications (modal dialogs or not).

Regards,
 - Graeme -