[Lazarus] EOL character used in .lfm files keep changing

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Jun 11 12:03:05 CEST 2009

Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> BTW: Some .lrs files in lazarus/ide miss this property. Furthermore,
> some have text/plain as mime type, others text/pascal.

Thanks Florian. You just proved my point, that mistakes can and do
happen in a SubVersion repository.

As I mentioned in my previous reply to Vincent. Setting those properties
happen on client-side, and if somebody checks in those files without the
proper properties you get inconsistencies with other files.

Bottom line is, the files should NOT be modified by the repository
tools.  I often use a "share folder" to work in a VM session testing
things under Windows, while my host OS is Linux. This means the files
will have inconsistent EOL characters even though the files were
checkout out (and silently modified) by svn, because I did not check
them out again while I worked in my Windows VM.

Regards,
  - Graeme -