[Lazarus] EOL character used in .lfm files keep changing

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Jun 11 12:21:47 CEST 2009

Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> To my understanding, lazarus tries to be as native as possible and this
> breaks with this rule.

This issue is only for non-human edited files, so if Lazarus Form
Designer used CRLF on all platforms, it shouldn't make a difference -
excepting fixing patch noise.

A quick script to set all .lfm and .lrs files subversion eol-style
property to CRLF should fix this too.

By letting SubVersion silently modify files could corrupt sensitive text
data files as well. What if I have data files that must stay exactly as
is, no matter the platform.

Even the RFC4180 document dictates that CSV files *must* use CRLF as the
EOL character, no matter what platform is being used. So checking in
such files into SubVersion with eol-style=native would actually corrupt
(in theory) those data files.

  http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc4180.html

Regards,
  - Graeme -