[Lazarus] EOL character used in .lfm files keep changing

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Jun 11 13:59:17 CEST 2009

Op donderdag 11-06-2009 om 12:39 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Graeme
Geldenhuys:
> Marc Weustink wrote:
> >
> > Since you are creating a problem which doesn't exist (for years) for the
> > laz developers I don't think that will happen.

> I'm simply using my repository of choice (due to better features), but I
> would also like to continue contributing to the Lazarus project. Such
> unnecessary issues make it a lot harder for contributors or for the
> people that need to commit my (and maybe others) patches.

Then you have to invest time in our toolchain.

I wanted to submit to gdb-archer, and they use git. So I had to set up
git. What do you think: should I spam their mailinglist that they should
use subversion instead?

The first days I spent searching for a bug, was it a Git-problem. . . I
was very mad, you may know that. But it's my own problem. They choose
git, not I. (I think they won't use it again, though.) All the branches
are bringing more problems then solutions. But they are a special case,
they have to stay as close as the official cvs branch, to avoid a
complete fork. In principle one of the situations git could be usefull.
But it's far from ideal...

Joost