[Lazarus] TMainMenu alt-shortcut

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Wed Jun 17 16:45:31 CEST 2009

Andrea Mauri wrote:
> Dear all,
> I saw that on menus (both on lazarus IDE and on custom applications)
> the underline of the alt-shortcut is not always shown.
> i.e. If I run Lazarus, File menu is written as File and not _F_ile. If
> I press alt-f the underline appears on all the menus then disappear
> when the menu lost the focus.
> I didn't find this bug on the bugtracker, I have to sumbit a bug-report?
Why do you think this is a bug?

On windows this *must* be so. Open for example the most native windows
application notepad. Then press Alt key and you will see accelerators.
Same must be for all other controls but currently this feature is
disabled and accelerators are shown always on buttons, groupboxes,
checkboxes, etc.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.