[Lazarus] Some thoughts about the global 'Application' instance.

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Jun 19 11:55:21 CEST 2009

Op donderdag 18-06-2009 om 21:56 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef
Hans-Peter Diettrich:
> Joost van der Sluis schrieb:
>
> >> Same in Delphi
> >
> > I know, but can't we come up with a better design?
> >
> >> I have service and forms application in same exe file, so i have 2
> >> application in same instance.
>
> In a redesign we also should consider the different handling of consol
> applications with GUI on non-Windows platforms.

I'll do it slowly, step-by-step.

> We also could create a true Pascal singleton, in an Application.pp unit.

I'll leave that to the framework-developers. I'll simply add the global
variable. Then Lazarus could make a Application.pp unit. And I'll add
them for the different daemon and fcl-web applications.

Joost.