[Lazarus] Vector graphics on Lazarus.

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 20:57:49 CEST 2009

My original plan was to read PostScript, but soon we found that it's a
full programming language and you can't just parse it, you need to
interpretate it, so we gave up and went to PDF instead.

Having said that, I think that writing PostScript should be easier
then reading, because you don't need to use all feature, just the
minimum necessary, while when reading you need to test with the output
of multiple softwares which will use all different parts of the
specification (I tested PDF reading against CorelDraw and Inkscape).

No, I don't know any other way to achieve what you want except for the
following options:

* Rethink your application. Do you really need PostScript output?
* Write yourself a import module for PostScript for fpvectorial
* Pay someone to do it (you can try here
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Bounties or in rent-a-coder)
* Write manually code to write PostScript without using fpvectorial. I
think it will have a worse result then writing an import module for
fpvectorial.
* Find a C library which does this and translate the headers.

I am willing to write the import module for a fair price. If you are
interrested, please contact me in private.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho