[Lazarus] IDE not building .lrs files

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jun 22 15:03:47 CEST 2009

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:35:12 +1000
Bruce Tulloch <bruce at causal.com> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
> > Maybe you were looking in the wrong place?
> Thanks Mattias, that seems to be the problem.
>
> The .lrs file was indeed being created in the project's output
> directory.
>
> Adding this directory to the include path fixed the problem for this
> project.

Normally, the IDE adds $(ProjOutDir)/ to the include path, when the
option is enabled (Project / Project Options / Misc / Save .lrs files
in project output directory).

Maybe you deleted it accidentally?

> Why is it necessary to specify this directory in the include path as
> well?

You can create a feature request in the bug tracker to add this hidden.

> Presumably if the IDE puts the lrs file in the output directory it
> should already know to look there when it needs lrs files without
> having to specify the same directory in the include path explicitly.
> Or am I misunderstanding something here?

The IDE knows. But the compiler must know too.

Mattias