[Lazarus] [Lazarus 0013565]: DBGrid with Multiselect not select all

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Jun 29 16:40:17 CEST 2009

Op woensdag 17-06-2009 om 17:16 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Luca
Olivetti:
> En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
> > En/na Joost van der Sluis ha escrit:
> >
> >> Actually, the best fix is not to use TMemDataset but use TBufDataset
> >> instead.
> >
> > I cannot find TBufDataset in my components palette, and a search for
> > tbufdataset in the lazarus components directory yields nothing.
> > OTOH lazarus comes with a TMemDataset component (MemDs).
>
> I investigated a bit more (neither the wiki nor google were very useful)
> and it seems that TBufDataset is just an abstract dataset to be used by
> other datasets (in fact it's only used by TCustomSQLQuery), so I don't
> think it's a replacement for a TMemDataset (a table you store in memory,
> with no real database connected).

It's not a abstract dataset, you can use it. But it's true that it's
also used by TCustomSQLQuery.

You can see TBufDataset as something like the TClientDataset of Delphi.
Main difference is that you can hook up some data to a TClientDataset
using a provider. With TBufdataset you can connect to the data by adding
a descendent of it.

But it's also possible to use streams to read/write the data, or simply
files. Just like TMemDataset.

Joost