[Lazarus] About 0013268: SynEdit parses every line twice on load or paste (Attn: Flávio)

Martin Friebe lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Mar 5 19:20:34 CET 2009

Martin Waldenburg wrote:
> Martin Friebe schrieb:
>
>> Some of the highlighting (actually folding) added (by me) needed more
>> complexity.
>>
> I doubt, that more complexity is needed.

Actually you are right. The problem lies in the folding module.

But anyway, even on a low power computer, scanning just one line more
will not be noticeable.
That is why (until folding gets improved) the ScanFrom does a tiny bit
more work.

The problem is that some folds end in the previous line;=> that means
the token indicating the end, is in the line *below* the folds end.
Yes it still can (and will) be solved in a better way. But as I said, it
shouldn't have an impact. It is still way faster than a person can ever
type.

Of course I don't know the original, I only looked at it during the past
6 month, and can only comment on the impat changes in that time have made

>> The cost on normal operation can be ignored.
>>
> A highlighter should be lightning fast even on an underpowered  netbook,
> as it was designed to work fast on far weaker computers..

As far as I can see it still is. And while I can follow the theoretical
point of the issue, I don't see a practical case where it would make a
difference.

Anyway, some parts of this issue are easy to fix (if they are broken at
all, which I still haven't checked).

Best  Regards
Martin