[Lazarus] Access violation during compilation and linking

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Wed Mar 11 23:47:03 CET 2009

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 15:01, Bart wrote:
> In Windows TFloatSpinEdit responds to changes in DecimalSeparator (if
> you update the control).
> I noticed that in Linux GTK it does not.
>
> (I use WinMe and Suse 10.0)
>
> Observed behaviour GTK1
> - DecimalSeparator at programstart: '.' (period)
> - DecimalSeparator visible in control: ',' (comma)
> - Changing DecimalSeparator and updating control: no effect
>
> Observed behaviour GTK2
> - DecimalSeparator at programstart: '.' (period)
> - DecimalSeparator visible in control: '.' (period)
> - Changing DecimalSeparator and updating control: no effect
>
> Observed behaviour Windows
> - DecimalSeparator at programstart: ',' (comma)
> - DecimalSeparator visible in control: ',' (comma)
> - Changing DecimalSeparator and updating control: Decimalseparator in
> control changes accordingly
>
> While this is not a big issue, currently at GTK (in my situation) the
> Text of TFLoatSpinEdit possibly cannot be translate back to a Float
> because of the mismatch in decimalsSeparators used by the control and
> the one in SysUtils.
>
> Does anyone know if GTK1/GTK2 even allows setting the character used
> for the FloatSpinEdit control (without having to change systemwide
> settings)?
> If so, I consider it a bug and will post it in the bugtracker.
> If not, well, tought luck, and I'll live with it ;-)

You included clocale unit in your .dpr (UNIX targets only) ?
DecimalSeparator at programstart: '.' (period) = DEFAULT , that means that
clocale unit is missing.
DecimalSeparator visible in control: ',' (comma) = that means that gtk
controls uses libc (right) locales, setted up by LANG variable.

zeljko