[Lazarus] TFloatSpinEdit and DecimalSeparator (GTK)

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:27:20 CET 2009

> You included clocale unit in your .dpr (UNIX targets only) ?
>  DecimalSeparator at programstart: '.' (period) = DEFAULT , that means that
>  clocale unit is missing.

I was under the impression that the value of SysUtils.DecimalSeparator
was determined/set at programstart using locale settings?
(At least in Windows it seems to be)
Are they hardcoded in Linux version of SysUtils?

I'll try inclusing clocale unit and see what it does.
Do I have to call some proc/function to make it set the value of
DecimalSeparator?

>  DecimalSeparator visible in control: ',' (comma) = that means that gtk
>  controls uses libc (right) locales, setted up by LANG variable.
And GTK1 differs form GTK2 with same locale setting?

What LANG variable should I look for?
(I'm not sure but I think I only saw one: it's value being nl_NL or
something the like)

Bart