[Lazarus] Code Folding mess and Code Divider feature

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:50:13 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Martin Friebe <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

> so they are all with
> "Settings:
>  Code Folding: Enabled
>  Divider Draw Level: 1
> "
> ?

Yes

> In that case the first picture is wrong => with DDL=1 there should be no
> line between procedures (it would be at the end of the unit level.)
> Not sure if complete:
> DDL 1: unit level
> DDL 2: implementation/ interface
> DDL 3: Procedure implementation / class declaration

ah, nice to actually know what each level means. :-) Maybe that should
be place in the options screen instead of just numbers.

> since you only switched tabs => did you aybe change config in your
> session? maybe the issue was that the config change was not set to all
> editors?

That seems to be the partial cause. Setting the level to 3 gives the
most desirable outcome I wanted. But only after I restarted Lazarus,
did all the editors update. So there is one bug - not all editors get
updated.

I then played with the levels to see how they differ. After changing
the level, i did a Lazarus restart. It seems at Level = 2, I again get
the same behaviour as the bug report. Even with a restart. So that
seems to be another bug.

> try level 3.

Yes, that gives the best results for me.

Regards,
  - Graeme -