[Lazarus] Stringgrid woes...

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Mar 13 18:44:29 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Sergei Gorelkin wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
>  >...
> > Is there a reason for the current behaviour, and can it be changed ?
> >
> With Delphi, I used to check the grid.EditorMode property in
> OnSetEditText handler, and skip all validations when EditorMode=true.
> Didn't check this with LCL, but there's a good chance it works.

It doesn't, because Editormode is alwaus true in the OnSetEditText handler.
I tested that. Also, during testing I discovered that setting
  EditorMode:=False;
doesn't save the value, while IMHO it should.

Apart from any workarounds around supposed bugs, calling SetText on each
keystroke is IMHO also simply very inefficient (not to mention unnecessary)

Michael.