[Lazarus] Unable to use method AdvancedCustomDrawItem and AdvancedCustomDrawSubItem

YanChengyuan yanchengyuan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:13:54 CET 2009

Stephano wrote:
> Bram Kuijvenhoven wrote:
>> Could you please provide some more details?
>> - FPC version
>> - A minimal but complete test program demonstrating the error
>  >
>> It would also be great if you had a stack trace (see
>> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Creating_a_Backtrace_with_GDB).
>>
> FPC 2.2.2
> Lazarus v0.9.27 r18956 i386-win32-win32/win64
> Win XP
> Sybase 6
> Test project attached

Thank you. I don't have a Sybase server or even a Sybase ODBC driver here, but after modifying your code to connect to a MySQL server that I have running, I also got an exception (an Access Violation actually).

However, when I use the SQLDB and ODBConn units from FPCs trunk (rev. 12825), the program no longer crashes. Since some changes were made between 2.2.2 and trunk in the code that allocates and deallocates statement handles, the crash may have been fixed.

Could you please test with FPCs trunk? (shortcut: copy the .inc/.pp/.pas files to your test program's directory from trunk/packages/fcl-db/src/, subdirs base, dbase, sqldb and sqldb/odbc)

BTW your test program depends on the LCL, but this is not necessary; you may find it easier to test with a command line program.

Regards,

Bram