[Lazarus] including lazarus svn revision number

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Mar 17 02:49:16 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 23:44, Paul Ishenin <webpirat at mail.ru> wrote:
> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> Is there a reason why the default exception dialog has a cancel
>> button to kill the application ?
>>
>> We often use an exception to signal wrong entry of data or so,
>> because it stops all further processing.
>>
>> If the user then uses the cancel button, the program is simply
>> ended, which is not what we (or better: the users) want.
>> And I imagine many others use this technique.
>>
> This is strange for me too and I also often clicked cancel to just
> cancel that notification but it closed my application :)
> I suggest to replace it with simple notification dialog with one button
> (like ShowMessage).

Terminating application on exception is useful sometimes too,
so please do not drop this functionality. I agree that it should not
be the default.
I suggest to rename buttons "Continue" and "Terminate",
with first being _both_ default and "cancel",
so neither pressing "Enter" not "Esc" would terminate application.

--
Alexander S. Klenin