[Lazarus] Where are the manuals?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 23:56:31 CET 2009

YanChengyuan schrieb:

> lazarus is free and useful,and i'm glad with that.
> but where are the manuals?
> i do have read some books on Delphi Programming ,but they are for
> newbies,and talked about things like "TEdit","TLabel" only.how come that
> i know how to use things like "TIPHtmlPanel","THtmlBrowserHelpViewer"and
> things like that without a manual ? the lazarus wiki isn't useful on
> this matter at all!

There should exist sample applications, used in testing the
implementation, with some notes about the intended use of every
sophisticated component.

> i scanned millions of pages from google to know a little about a
> component,and most of the infomation i got was far outdated.why can not
> our developers write some mannuals while making some components?

Unfortunately most Lazarus developers prefer to add new features,
instead of writing documentation :-(

It's fun to make kids, but no fun to have them afterwards ;-]

DoDi