[Lazarus] Trouble with PostGres access

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Thu Mar 19 20:26:19 CET 2009

ArĂ­ Ricardo Ody wrote:
> I'm running Lazarus 0.9.26 under windows XP pro SP3.
>
> I know that in a machine named japi29 in the internal netword there
> is Posgres installed.
>
> When I open PgAdmin postgres client in my machine I see for
> databases. The database that I want to access is name Conversor.
>
> Okay. I create a new project and add a TPQConnection and type
> "Conversor"(without quotes) in the DataBaseName property, I type
> "japi29"(without quotes) in the hostname property. When I choose true
> in the Connected property I receive first the message:
>
> It wasn't possible to locate  the ordinal number 2824 in the dynamic
> link library LIBEAY32.dll

Did you move and of the installed postgre dlls to a different place ?
If so, restrore them to the original location

Is the bin-directory where pgAdmin is located part of your system path ?
If not, add it (my computer - properties - advanced - environment vars)

Check if you can run psql on a command prompt.

Marc