[Lazarus] Fwd: Re: Trouble with PostGres access

ArĂ­ Ricardo Ody ari.ody at japinfo.com.br
Sat Mar 21 15:17:45 CET 2009

Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:00:19 +0200, Alex du Plessis <alexdup01 at telkomsa.net> escreveu:
> I am running a Postgres 8.3 db and I find no problems to connect,query
> and post to it.  However, I copied all the DLL's from the postgres bin
> directory(i.e. C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin) into my application
> directory i.e. where the exe file resides.  I also distribute these
> files in the exe directory when I deploy the application.
> I think the other directory to install them would be C:\WINDOWS\system32

I can guarantee that I copy the dll's from the directory you tell above. Late, someone told about the dll's that reside in the pgAdmin directories and I copy again from there...

As soon as I read your message I copied all dll's from the same directory you mention in your message. When I try to change the "connected" property of TPQConnection to true, the errors remain appearing.
(In the property DataBaseName of the TPQConnection I put the name of database that I saw via pgAdmin. Is this right?)

Reading your message I can't have idea about what's the trouble in my environment and 'bout which other trials I should do.

Thanks

Ricardo