[Lazarus] Easiest way to "case" strings

Howard Page-Clark hdpc at talktalk.net
Sun Mar 22 10:08:57 CET 2009

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 16:14:09 +1000
Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 08:57, Howard Page-Clark <hdpc at talktalk.net>
> wrote:
> > IndexStr() and AnsiIndexStr() were introduced in the then new
> > StrUtils unit that shipped with BDS 3.0 (Delphi 2005). There is no
> > StrUtils unit, or access to these functions in my Delphi 5
> > installation.
>
> Are you sure? I did not found Delphi 5 installation, but managed to
> install Delphi 6 --
> StrUtils unit is at C:\Program
> Files\Borland\Delphi6\Source\Rtl\Common\StrUtils.pas
> and it does contain AnsiIndex* functions.
> Copyright header says "1995-2001" which I think dates at least the
> unit itself all the way
> back to Delphi 1.

I don't have Delphi 6 - clearly the functions are present there. I was
wrong about the timing of the introduction of the StrUtils unit.
Maybe my version of Delphi 5 Pro is incomplete or damaged, but I can
confirm it does not have the StrUtils unit (or obviously the functions
contained there).

Howard