[Lazarus] Fwd: Re: Trouble with PostGres access

ArĂ­ Ricardo Ody ari.ody at japinfo.com.br
Mon Mar 23 17:15:52 CET 2009

At 13:40 21/3/2009, you wrote:
>Try copying all the dll's in the postgres bin directory to
>C:\WINDOWS\system32
>  I have just created a test app with only TPQConnection filled in server
>name, database name, user and password and it connected without any
>hiccup.
>
>The messages you get are typically when Lazarus(and your app) can't see
>the dll's.

I done. And it seems to solve the trouble. Thank you. At least, when
I change the connected property to true, no errors occur.

>I also noticed that you are not running the postgres server locally
>(i.e. localhost - 127.0.0.1).  Have you edited postgres.conf on the
>server to allow connections from machines other than localhost? Stated
>differently: Have you told the postgres server to allow connections from
>network machines?

If I open the postgres databases with pgAdmin that runs in my
machine, I suppose that the connections from the netword machines is
allowed. Doesn't it?

pgAdmin show that my table is in the schema "public" and in a
database named "Conversor". If the table I want to access is named
DATATYPES how should I write the sql command to acess the table in a
full browse?

select * from Conversor.DATATYPES?
select * from public.DATATYPES?

Or how?