[Lazarus] Alternatives available to zlibex (from delphi) under Lazarus

esby at free.Fr esby at free.Fr
Tue Mar 24 22:30:24 CET 2009

Alexander Klenin schrieb:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 07:03, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
>> Well, you can nearly impossibly miss the sliding slope there. First just
>> strings, then hashing to speed it up, then wildcards, then demand for regex
>> etc.
> This is generic argument applicable to any language feature.
> "Sliding slopes" are everywhere, so the safest course of action is not
> to move at all.
> This is what I am ranting about, excessive conservatism leading to a stagnation.

You can rant about it if we reject a patch adding case with strings ;)

I'am quite sure, a good patch (clear definition of the scope, support
for all string types, clear definition how the strings are interpreted,
tests) to implement it won't be rejected.