[Lazarus] Valladolid Programming Contest simple test fails at compile?

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 01:08:20 CET 2009

Hello Thierry,

TC> Adding {$MODE OBJFPC}on Joshyfun's suggestion solved the compiler error.

TC> Now I have an time exceeded issue, which doesn't seem too likely as I
TC> implemented a rather standard solution. I wonder if the "repeat until
TC> eof" or "while eof do" is not the issue...the program would be waiting
TC> endlessly for another input which isn't coming. Usually one checks the
TC> input file is empty by using eof. Is there another way recommended for
TC> these contests?

I have none experience on the contest scene, but eof in the stdin
looks nonsense for me when you input data using the keyboard, 'cos
after the first line (readln) the eof is a fact ;)

"eof or empty line" seems to be more logical to me. You should check
how the program works if you feed stdin from a file:

test.exe < file.txt

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun