[Lazarus] Clipboard.HasFormat issue

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk sanliturk at ttmail.com
Sat Mar 28 19:21:59 CET 2009

On Saturday 28 March 2009 12:36:53 pm Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a reason why ClipBoard.HasFormat() is so slow ?
>
> Putting a call to ClipBoard.HasFormat() in an OnUpdate handler of an action
> coupled to a toolbutton, seriously slows down an application, to the point
> of being unusable. If I comment out the call, the application responds
> normally.
>

> The strange thing is that if something suitable is on the clipboard,
> the application responds normally.
>
> Michael.

I do not know exactly but a possibility may be to wait an acceptable value to
appear there . This may be tested as follows :
Assume there is no any acceptable value in clipboard .
When your application starts to wait , an acceptable value may be appended to
clipboard from another application .
If it gets this value immediately we may say that it is waiting for a proper
value to appear there .
If it does not respond immediately and continues to wait , there is another
problem .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk