[Lazarus] Share a port through lazarus-ccr

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Mon Mar 30 18:43:31 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys escreveu:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
> <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2009/3/28 Bogusław Brandys <brandys at o2.pl>:
>>
>>> What is unique in log4delphi compared to multilog package ?
>>>
>> And how does both of these differ to the built-in logging support from
>> tiOPF?  I went to the log4delphi sourceforge website. It seems it's
>> usage and features are very similar to tiOPF's logging support, but it
>> still seems that tiOPF has more features and options.
>>

> Saying that, 'multilog' package seems very impressive, but the 3rd
> party component dependencies seem a bit high.

The multilog package requires only a recent fpc. It's also possible to
use under Delphi (The Delphi executable sends the messages to a file or
to a viewer compiled with Lazarus). The "high 3rd party requirement" is
for the complete viewer. A simple viewer requires only Lazarus.

It can send messages through one or more channels. Currently its
implemented the file and IPC (SimpleIPC) channels. Implementing a new
(Console) channel is trivial. See the file channel.

It also provides several helper methods to control with fine granularity
what messages to send. Some of then can be seen at
http://code.google.com/p/luipack/wiki/MultiLog, but must of them are
not documented. In the demos some other possibilities are explored.

As example, it's possible to restrict to send only the messages that are
called below a method/function call stack.
Also the ability to attach a message to more than one class, together
with the DefaultClasses and ActiveClasses property provides many ways to
filter the messages, depending only of the imagination of the programmer.

I used a lot to debug event messages (generally recursive) in LCL. Even
in fpGui  i used to debug the size behavior in Xlib/Win32 ;-).

>  Even so, I might steal
> some ideas from the core code and implement them in tiOPF's logging.
> :-)

Fell free to do it.

Luiz