[Lazarus] Delphi wxWidget plugin for Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:02:39 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Bee <bee.ography at gmail.com> wrote:
> Everyone seemed to be surprise and happy. As you already knew, Delphi
> people are quite offensive to FPC/Lazarus with many arguments which
> are mostly wrong and non-sense. But, if there's a project that
> *indirectly* uses FPC/Lazarus through Delphi, as this one and
> CrossFPC, they could accept it. Can someone explain this phenomena? :D

That is a strange phenomena, I agree! So indirectly using FPC/Lazarus
and they are very happy. Using Lazarus directly under Windows, Linux,
Mac etc and they are not happy????  The latter is a lot less effort.

Plus, what happens if they want to create custom components?  Do they
have to create them in C++ (because that is what wxWidgets is written
in) and then create Object Pascal bindings for those components.
Double work!! Simply use Lazarus with LCL or fpGUI and be done with
it!

Delphi users are just weird - thank goodness I moved over to the dark
side before I became like that. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -