[Lazarus] TFont.size

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx
Sat May 2 01:29:43 CEST 2009

--- El vie 1-may-09, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> escribió:

> It seams to me that Height is measured in pixels and Size
> is some
> other unit which I don't know. Even worse, it
> doesn't seam to be an
> international system unit, but rather an american unit
> (some fraction
> of inches).

Points, where 1 Point = 1/72 inch.

Why using points instead of just pixels?, it's convenient because you can forget about resolution, for example one might want to show some text on screen, maybe 20 pixels height would look nice for a big title, but that is so because screen resolution is perhaps 96 pixels per inch, but what happen when the text is printed on a 1200 dpi printer? it will probably do not stand out, so without points one would need a way to specify pixel heights for several resolutions. So a good property of points is that they are independent of resolution.

Jesus Reyes A.

      ¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web! Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=mx