[Lazarus] IDE UI consolidation (was: Re: lfm as pascal)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 6 12:59:25 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, documentation is good.
> But it is well-known fact that users do not read documentation ;-)

Exactly why I decided on using animated gifs. User only needs to view
them and not read content to get the idea of a feature. :)

> Sorry, I meant "Procedure List".

Before merging with "code explorer" I'd like this to be discussed
first!  Like I mentioned before, "procedure list" is an integral part
of my coding. I use it 1000's of times per day to navigate code -
QUICKLY.  :)

> Look how it is done in Visual Studio 2005 and later.

I don't do Windows, so is there a screenshort explain this? Like
somebody suggested - maybe starting a wiki to describe what the plans
are and maybe include screenshots (mock-up or real) to show an idea of
final result.

Regards,
  - Graeme -