[Lazarus] OT, search and highlight[Re: IDE UI consolidation (was: Re: lfm as pascal)]

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:28:21 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Martin Friebe <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>>
>> Highlight (as in block-selection) and then search for it => use ctrl-f
>
> Yeah, that's what I normally use...
>

>> Quick search (or incremental search) (ctrl-e) means you start the search
>> with an empty search-term, then as you type the editor searches for
>> whatever fragment you typed
>
> Ah, ok I get it now. Maybe "Quick Search" is not the best name for
> that feature. "Incremental Search" explains it much better.  Just a
> thought.
>
> Thanks for explain its function Martin.  ;)
>
> Regards,
>  - Graeme -

Quick Search would be something that Lazarus seems to still be
missing: search the identifier under the caret.
Like in Visual Studio: Ctrl+F3 to search forwared and Ctrl+Shift+F3 backwards.
Or with Experts: Ctrl+Alt+Down and Ctrl+Alt+Up.
I've always intended to implement this, but...

Best regards,
Flávio