[Lazarus] IDE UI consolidation (was: Re: lfm as pascal)

Reenen Laurie rlaurie at gmail.com
Wed May 6 16:46:34 CEST 2009

On 5/6/09, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Reenen Laurie <rlaurie at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Menu - IDE Tools - Procedure list
> >  Menu - IDE Tools - Anchor Viewer
>
> Both of these are already under the \"View\" menu.

Procedure list is not on my view menu... Maybe in a newer revision. :-/

> If you don\'t know the shortcut, use the Key Mappings screen and filter
> the items by typing in a description.

The point is that if you don\'t know about the functionality, you
won\'t smell it.  The keyboard shortcut should be displayed next to
the menu item so that you learn it as you do it.  Admittedly the stuff
that gets done as you type should rather go on a context-popup menu.
And... actually most is already on the pop-up under refactoring.

Everyday you learn more!  But had it not been for this thread I would
not have known.

What does Enclose Selection do?