[Lazarus] Ubuntu 9.04 (Lazarus too slow)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 6 18:50:45 CEST 2009

2009/5/6 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> Or install KUbuntu 9.04, which works lightning fast, and so far
> without visible bugs. I updated a PC and a Laptop, and all went
> smoothly...

Sorry Michael, but it has the same problem here. Run a fpGUI based
application or Windows application under WINE. Look at any button,
edit box, combobox, popup menu's bottom right corner. Use xmag to make
it easier to see. Pixels missing due to drawing bug in XLib I believe.
Ubuntu and Kubuntu has the same XLib version.

I used XDrawLine directly to draw a rectangle corner to corner (left,
top, right then bottom). The last line is shifted by 1 pixel. At least
in Ubuntu 9.04 final they fixed the LCD font anti-aliasing bug.

But yes, like you, I do not experience any slowness in Lazarus IDE.
That works fine.

Regards,
  - Graeme -