[Lazarus] Ubuntu 9.04 (Lazarus too slow)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 6 23:23:06 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> only QT/GTK based apps, which don't seem to have the problem you mention.

The only explanation I have for this is theming. I wrote a 20 line
application talking directly to XLib (not via fpGUI) and reproduced
the problem. Maybe if Qt based application was run with Motif style,
it will highlight the problem as well.

> Other than that, I've used Kubuntu 9.04 to finally convince some people
> to switch to Linux, and I'm now definitely dropping OpenSUSE in favour
> of Kubuntu, so you won't hear me complain about it (yet) :-)

Kubuntu with it's new look and theme look pretty damn awesome I must add. :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -