[Lazarus] DisableWindowsUnicodeSupport

Martin Friebe lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri May 8 12:13:55 CEST 2009

Vincent Snijders wrote:
> Bernd Mueller schreef:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to use Lazarus without Unicode support on Windows, as it
>> was possible up to version 0.9.24. I took a recent 0.9.27 snapshot and
>> compiled it with -dDisableWindowsUnicodeSupport. My "old" projects seem
>> work well, but the editor does not show the german umlauts correct. I
>> changed File Settings.../Encodings but this did not help.

As for Synedit:
1)
There may be code elsewhere, that detects the filetype while loading the
file => in this case it should convert it to utf8.

2) If one doesn't happen. Try the following. (I have not tested it, but
it *may* do the trick)

open C:\lazarus_latest\components\synedit\syntextdrawer.pp

line 889 function TheTextDrawer.GetUseUTF8: boolean;
and make the function to always return "False"