[Lazarus] TPopupMenu bug

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon May 18 10:59:44 CEST 2009

Zitat von Paul Ishenin <ip at kmiac.ru>:

> Brad Campbell wrote:
>> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The PopupMenu property of TMemo does not work in GTK 2.
>>> I always get some standard GTK popup menu instead of the menu
>>> which I designed.
>>>
>>> Is this a known issue ?
>>
>> Is it related to this behaviour ?
>
> Not exactly. Michael just wants to replace system popup menu with
> his own. I made a few changes today to allow this. But this needs to
> be fixed in a bit different way with changing LCL (not only gtk
> interface) code. So better fix will come later.

"just wants to replace system popup menu with his own"
I don't think he wants that. The system popup menu contains not only
cut/copy/paste but also input methods needed for accessibility and
multi language systems. Loosing them would be a bad example for the
book.

About cut/copy/paste:
Apps can create better cut/copy/paste functions, so a mechanism to
replace those is needed.

Mattias