[Lazarus] TPopupMenu bug

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon May 18 11:42:04 CEST 2009

Zitat von Paul Ishenin <ip at kmiac.ru>:

> Mattias Gärtner wrote:
>> "just wants to replace system popup menu with his own"
>> I don't think he wants that. The system popup menu contains not
>> only cut/copy/paste but also input methods needed for accessibility
>> and multi language systems. Loosing them would be a bad example for
>> the book.
>
> Maybe we read what we want but I can't translate this sentence
> differently: "I always get some standard GTK popup menu instead of
> the menu which I designed."
>
>> About cut/copy/paste:
>> Apps can create better cut/copy/paste functions, so a mechanism to
>> replace those is needed.
>
> You can't add items to the standard menu in a legal way on all
> systems. But if you want some standard items you can create them
> yourself always.

Maybe I was not clear, or maybe I misunderstood.
1. we want to add our TPopupMenu menu items
2. we need some important menu items of the gtk

One solution is to add the TPopupMenu items to the gtk menu items, but
then some menu items may be doubled (cut/copy/paste/select all). This
needs a solution.
Another solution is to remove the gtk menu items, add the TPopupMenu
items and add the gtk menu items in the gtk intf. Again duplicates
should be avoided.
A workaround solution is to add the TPopupMenu items and move all gtk
items to a sub menu. Then the duplicates will be at least in different
sub menus. But the user has to click one time more to switch his input
method.

Mattias