[Lazarus] Lazarus Data Desktop questions

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 19 12:20:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

The IDE already supports color schemes (Default, Twilight, Delphi,
Ocean, etc...).  Could we can also customize the schemes to suit our
needs. This is the first thing I do after a new lazarus profile has
been created.

Why can't we save our color schemes to file so they appear in the
"color scheme" combo box? After we customised our scheme, simply click
on the "save scheme as..." button - if there was one.  That way we can
also share color schemes with other users or easily copy the schemes
to our second development pc. Maybe the profile directory could
contain a "color_scheme" directory with all the user define color
schemes.

The idea of color schemes is already fully supported in the IDE, so
the user definable schemes should be very easy to add (for somebody
familiar with the IDE code).

Your thoughts?  Should I add this as a feature request in Mantis?

Some color schemes I like:

  * My own one as seen in the screenshots at
http://wiki.freepascal.org/New_IDE_features_since
  * Humane at http://damieng.com/blog/2007/10/14/colour-schemes-for-visual-studio
  * Distant Shores at
http://winterdom.com/2008/03/distantshoresavisualstudiocolorscheme