[Lazarus] [Fwd: A few hacky patches (resent)]

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Fri May 22 02:42:19 CEST 2009

Martin Friebe wrote:

>>> laz-synpatch-005.patch
>>> This is a gross hack, but it allows clicking *anywhere* on the grey
>>> fold line in the gutter to fold

> Makes me wonder, how it integrates, with the ability to configure which
> mouse button triggers which action

It probably doesn't, but in my application it provides a very simple interface to fold up a long
routine, and as I only have one level and one type of fold it does the job.

> Also the code to do it already exist (Synedit line 6236) for the
> keyboard shortcut:

Ahh, nice. I'll look at simplifying my hack then :)

> => The idea for such a shortcut is good, need to think about if this is
> done in a good way currently....

The way I've done it is less than optimal, but it provides the user interface that I need.

>         with fTextDrawer do
>           if MarkupInfo = nil
>
> what if markup onfo is assigned, but doesnt change the bg color? (leaves
> it to default )

I don't use any kind of markup info, so I've not come across this issue.

> Also, just line-number does not work: There can be 2 or more folds
> starting the same line, and vie the context menu you can fold any of them.

In my application it works fine as I only have one type of fold and they can't be nested :)
Always happy to try and extend it in a way that works for everybody though.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Food for thought in any case.

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them